Sunday, September 6, 2009

Woohoo!

Well, I know it's been a while since I blogged, but I have been very, very busy! Back to school time has been hectic, and we have been passing a bug around our house that has caused us all to have high fevers and sore throats. I had it twice, and now have a lovely sinus infection that is taking its sweet time.

On to the good news! I had to buy a couple new items of clothing because I was on the last hole in my belt, and my clothes were not just looking loose, they were starting to look a little bit ridiculous. I hated to spend money considering I'm not at my goal weight yet, but I got to the point where I had to. Well, for the first time in YEARS, I bought clothes from the petites and misses sections! I didn't have to go to the plus size section at all! I was thrilled! I got weighed 3 days ago, and I am down to 192 pounds, for a total loss of roughly 35 pounds. I am so proud of myself! I went out to eat twice in one day during my last loss period, but I still lost 6 pounds because I was very, very careful and ate under 1200 cals the other days to try and make up for it.

I also took a Zumba class with my girlfriend, Stacie, who also just started dieting and has lost 10 pounds (way to go, Stacie!). She was so-so on it, but I loved it! It was very confusing at times, but it was so upbeat that I had a very good time and a good workout to boot! I am looking at joining the Y so we can encourage each other to do more workouts together. She lives just a few streets over from me and has a comparable schedule, so we are going to try and help each other. My son is best friends with her son, so we see a lot of each other.

I am now fitting comfortably into a size 16 for pants, and a size large shirt. I feel great! I'm so thankful for my friend Ang encouraging me to try what I am doing! It has been expensive between the appointments and the clothes, but it has been worth every penny! Yay!!

2 comments:

  1. wat to go Tara! reallllly awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing awesome girl! It's nice to have a workout buddy too!

    ReplyDelete