Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Another Weigh-in

Well, folks, another weigh-in today as the nurse, Kathy, has returned from her staycation. I'm down another 4 pounds! I'm down to 202 pounds now, and I'm so happy about that! I know that next time I go, I will be under 200 pounds. Considering that I haven't known my weight for years, I'm not sure when the last time I weighed less than 200 was. I'm not very hung up on numbers (I don't weigh between weigh-ins with Kathy), but it certainly is a milestone in my mind. The better news? I'm down 23 pounds total, which is 10% of my beginning body weight. All since my thirtieth birthday, June 18th. Woohoo!

Now, here are some things I've been mulling over in my brain. Very few people have seemed to notice my weight loss. One would think that losing 23 pounds would be rather visible, don't you think? I'm not one to have feelings that are easily hurt, but I think it's rather strange that almost no one has said a peep about it, and it did hurt my feelings a little bit. After a while I came to this conclusion: when you have a lot of weight to lose and you lose some, it's akin to having long hair, getting a trim, and expecting people to notice. I have long hair, and I never would expect anyone to notice if I got a trim! So, I try to look at things that way. I asked my mom if it were truly noticeable, and she said that it is, but she's my mom! Of course she's going to notice! I think she'd notice if I parted my hair on the opposite side. Since I'll be at her house in a couple days, I'm going to have her take some "during" photos in the same hallway that she took the "before" photos in. Granted, I haven't posted true before photos. I need to get my camera hooked up to this computer! I have profile shots, whole body shots, face shots, etc. It was NOT fun to have those pics taken, by the way. In fact, it was extremely uncomfortable. Who wants to see themselves like that?

This weekend is the annual softball charity tournament. I will see all kinds of family that I have not seen in a while. I wonder if they will notice? I will keep you posted. Now, don't get me wrong, I am not out to impress people or draw attention to myself. I just thought at this point, at this many pounds lost, that it would be obvious that I've lost weight. Maybe my body isn't really changing like I thought it was. I may be wrong, though. It happens once or twice a decade, so I'm not ruling that out. :)

2 comments:

  1. Girl, you are doing fantastic! I'm sorry people aren't noticing how much weight you've lost cause I'm certain it's noticeable...perhaps the ppl in your life just aren't very observant (I know I'm not always lol).

    Congrats on all that weight lost...keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melissa! You have encouraged me so much already! I am curious to see how this weekend goes!

    ReplyDelete